Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We Are Boxing In Our Circles


Do you ever feel certain things seem a bit foreign to you at times? I have been thinking lately, of how automatic everything has become, something I can't quite put my finger on. I have to give credit to Eustace Conway by the way for this analogy and some of this is probably flat out plagiarism but, I thought I should share anyway. Today I woke up to a noisy little box, showered in a box, and got ready to drive my box to work in a box. Whoa, buddy what happened here? Well, we have fallen out of step in our modern culture with the natural cycles that have defined our existence for thousands of years. A vast crowd of mere sleep walkers, blind, almost roboticly living we are. It got me to thinking of boxes versus circles. We eat breakfast out of a box and throw it into another box. We keep our clothes in a box and when they are dirty: put them into: well, you get it... We seem so concerned to more efficiently box in our circles that it's damn over convenient! What are we saving time for? more boob tube hours of boxed up entertainment, seems like it. Even some of the most natural things have become completely unnatural: You may get a ticket if you are naked, In most cities I know, you might catch some hell for cooking your meal on that nice fire you built. And I would re think that land you would like to settle on: there may be a tinge of bureaucracy involved.
Then there is the natural world: where everything is connected and circular. The planet is a circle rotating in a circle around a circle. The path of water over the earth is circular. Life cycles of all plants and animals are circular. Ever notice how at peace we are when we sit in a circle around a circle of fire in the mountains and ponder the cycles of our circle? Of course, these are moments of peace and ease, in zen teaching it's called Satori: a brief moment of consciousness. When we are in sync with what we supposed to be in sync with.
These boxes may be a little disappointing sometimes and a bit distracting but, there is great a great sense of peace ( in my mind anyway) when you know it is possible to live naturally, without any devices of our modern planet-crushing ways, at least for a couple days here and there anyway. It would definitely be a lot of work and discipline to do it full time but rewarded indeed. There are so many tools the earth naturally has to offer, why can't we use those again? So lets stop boxing in the circles and at least know that the damage we are doing to this planet may even cause us to revert to this natural way again soon. We can live in sync with nature again, it has been done and there are people still doing it. Even if it would mean to part ways with these boxes with letters i'm pressing and this box you and I are staring into, then I'm there. One day, I tell you, one day... If you are reading this and you think you have no home: think again, travel on to the hills my friend, it doesn't take any money, any possessions, or any stress. The more you know the less you will need.
-I would have left my circles unboxed but, I think I might have hit the wrong box or something.

-Bo

No comments:

Post a Comment