Friday, June 19, 2009

Landing

I spend a lot of time lost in thought, as many of us do. Thought is freedom, and every one is my own. However, I often struggle with the notion that there is virtually no such thing as an original thought. At times I dwell on the idea that perhaps nothing in my head is worth sharing at all (although it never stops me), because while it may be a new idea to myself or the person that I am speaking with, the chances of it being an altogether new idea are pretty slim. Well, alright, that's probably true; but then comes the next part of that truth. Who cares? Apparently I do. Writing this out makes me feel pretty self involved and over analytical, probably because it is, but this is my first blog entry ever, and if I'm going to be writing for just anyone to read, I feel I must qualify by stating the plain and simple fact that I am unoriginal. So there it is. I love to think, I love to write, and I am fully aware that anything I write on here is probably plagiarizing the idea or work of someone else, albeit ever unintentional. I guess if there's any real thought or question that arises from these meanderings it is this: Why is it so important for some of us to feel as though we're breaking new ground? What's wrong with improving the ground we're already on? Still, the flock goes one way, and I go another. It's always been that way for me, although it often turns out the flock knows where it's going, and even more often that I do not. The fact remains, however, that wherever I land is where I was headed all along; but there was no way of knowing it until I hit the ground. I really liked what Bo had to say on the previous post, you should probably read that if you haven't already, as I think it is a very important topic. It provoked much thought in me, perhaps I'll share them next time. Until then...

-james

No comments:

Post a Comment